SAVE MONEY with our Eco-friendly DriveSmart Training Course, which is approved by The Energy Saving Trust.
is a short (approx. 50-60mins) training course during which your personal driving
style will be assessed and you will be given advice, tailored to your individual
driving style, which should improve your fuel consumption by 10% - 15%.
The format of the course is as follows:-
- First (assessment) drive
- Feedback and advice session
- Second (development) drive
- Results and feedback session
TOP MONEY SAVING TIPS
- Use the accelerator pedal gently.
- Change up early (approx. 2000rpm for diesel engine and 2500rpm for a petrol
- Use greater anticipation - lift off the accelerator early allowing the car
to slow down naturally, using the brakes as little as possible.
- Switch it off! If you will be stationary for more than a minute, switch
the engine off.
GET IN SHAPE
- Lose weight, remove heavy objects and clear the boot of unnecessary items.
- Be sleek and chic. Cars and vans are aerodynamically designed - Roof racks
and boxes are not! Remove them if they are not being used.
- Take plenty of fresh air. Use the air conditioning sparingly. Open the windows
at lower speeds but at higher speeds it is better to use the air-con.
- Have the car serviced regularly to maintain optimum engine efficiency.
- Make sure that you use the correct engine oil.
- Check your tyres regularly. Under inflated tyres are dangerous and increase
resistance using more fuel.